Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I've conformed, sort of

I used to think Twitter was the dumbest thing ever created. I also used to be anti-Facebook, until college. But Twitter, I thought, was extra dumb. All it is is a compilation of Facebook statuses, I continued to think. I don't give a damn if you're going to the gym. Aren't we past minute-by-minute away messages these days?

But last week I signed up. After all, I need to keep up with my fellow Websters (a made up Zetism, not the dictionary) if I want to make it in this worldwide world. Just having a blog (or two) is so Web 1.0 (I read that in the new book I'm reading, Wikinomics, I highly recommend it). Don't get your hopes up; I won't be tweeting "in the shower" or "I hate finals." Instead I'll be posting my favorite articles from around the Net, all the while adding some hopefully-clever tidbits along the way.

So if you're interested, follow derekzetlin. Enjoy.

No comments: