Sunday, October 3, 2010

Week 4 Picks

Last Week: 9-7

Overall: 27-18-3

Simmons Last Week: 10-6

Simmons Overall: 26-19-3

Once again, it came down to Monday night, but this time Simmons got me, taking the Bears at home over the Packers. What an impossible game to take, as the Pack shot themselves in the foot with 18 penalties on the road, never a recipe for success, especially away from home. I still have Simmons by a game overall, though. Now on to Week 4.

Broncos +6.5 TITANS – I love +6.5 lines, as most people think, “They’ll win by at least a touchdown.” Such an enticing line to take the favorites, but I won’t bite. Kyle Orton seems to have found a new weapon in Brandon Lloyd. Horses cover on the road. And don’t be surprised if Laurence Maroney has a significant impact either.

STEELERS -1.5 Ravens – Kind of weird they’re not -3 here; a little scary. But how can you bet against that defense right now? At home!

Bengals -3 BROWNS – Hate this game. Just can’t bet on the Browns getting only three.

Lions +14.5 PACKERS – Short week for the Pack. Too many points. I think?

Panthers +13.5 SAINTSNew Orleans hasn’t clicked yet. Pierre Thomas is banged up, Reggie Bush is out and Mike Bell is gone. That might just be enough for the Panthers to cover two touchdowns. Maybe.

49ers +6.5 FALCONS – 49ers were on a short week on the road last week. Falcons are coming off a huge win over the Super Bowl champs. Watch out for Frank Gore.

Seahawks -1 RAMS – Can the Rams really win two games in a row? I’ll take the under.

Jets -5 BILLS – Mark Sanchez actually looks like an NFL quarterback. That’s scary.

Colts -7 JAGUARS – I know they always play them tough. But I told you I refuse to bet against Peyton Manning.

Texans -3 RAIDERS – Ugh what a trap. You might find me at the bottom of the ditch.

CHARGERS -8 Cardinals – Phil Rivers doesn’t seem to be missing Vinny Jackson much. Can you say blowout?

Redskins +5.5 EAGLES – Can you say “Chip on your shoulder”? Does he get booed or cheered? That’s the million-dollar question.

GIANTS -4 Bears – Short week on the road. All day baby!

DOLPHINS pick Patriots – Obviously picking with my head here, not my heart. Pats never play well when they take their talents to South Beach.

No comments: