Sunday, September 26, 2010

Week 3 Picks

Last Week: 10-5-1

Overall: 18-11-3

Simmons Last Week: 9-6-1

Simmons Overall: 16-13-3

For the second straight week, Senor Simmons and I were tied going into Monday night. And for the second straight week, I came out on top, after the 49ers covered at home against Drew Brees and the Saints. What a pick. Now, on to Week 3.

GIANTS -3 Titans – Gmen looked terrible last week against Big Brother Peyton. They bounce back with a win at home over Chris Johnson and Tennessee.


SAINTS -3.5 Falcons -- Brees and Co. take care of business at home.


PATRIOTS -14 Bills – I’d probably take the Pats -20 here. 31-3, homies. I swear that’s a partial opinion.

Browns +10.5 RAVENS – Too many points for a defensive-minded team in a heated rivalry game. Am I really betting on the Browns?

Steelers -2 BUCCANEERS – It’s a simple formula: when Troy Polamalu is on the field, the Steelers win.

Bengals -3 PANTHERS – Ugh, -3 on the road. The line is really only three with Jimmy Clausen making his first career start? Something’s fishy here, but I’ll take the cats, of the orange and black variety, that is.

CHIEFS +2.5 49ers – Love the Chiefs here. 9ers just impressed everyone at home against the Saints. Now they head to Arrowhead on a short week. No brainer.

Lions +11 VIKINGS – Detroit will be 0-3 leaving Minnesota, but 3-0 against the spread. Here, that’s all that counts.

Cowboys +3 TEXANS – The sucker bet of the week. The 0-2 Cowboys visit the red-hot 2-0 Texans. And the line’s only three. Vegas knows what’s up here. I’ll take “America’s team.”

Redskins -3.5 RAMS – Donovan McNabb looks refreshed in a ‘Skins uniform. I just can’t get myself to take the Rams getting less than four points against anyone. Although that didn’t serve me very well last week.

Eagles -3 JAGUARS – Man I’m taking a lot of road teams. I hate that. But Michael Vick will prove why he deserves to be the starter in Philly. He’s just got too much to play for.

Colts -5.5 BRONCOS – Every time I bet against the Colts, they cover. I just can’t do it anymore!

SEAHAWKS +5.5 Chargers – Do I have to take this game? Fine, Seattle is a much different team at home versus on the road. I’ll take the home dogs.

Raiders +4.5 CARDINALS – Ew. I’ll take the points.

DOLPHINS -1.5 Jets – With Revis out, Brandon Marshall goes off. Fins win at home and there’s a three-way tie atop the AFC East.

Packers -3 BEARS – Man this is a tough one. A-Rod for MVP. And I’m not talking about Alex Rodriguez.

Ugh, I took 10 away teams, six away favorites. Damn, I’m screwed.



No comments: