Sunday, September 19, 2010

Week 2 Picks

Couldn't post this until my pool picks were in, obviously.


Last Week: 8-6-2

Bill Simmons Last Week: 7-7-2


It feels good to beat my nemesis who knows nothing about our heated rivalry in Week 1. We were tied at 6-6-2 heading into the Monday Night slate, but The Sports Guy took the Jets at home while I had faith in Joe Flacco and the Ravens on the road. We both had the Chiefs covering at home over the Chargers, so after Ray Lewis and Co. made Mark Sanchez look like Ryan Leaf, I had Week 1 locked up.


Now it’s Jay-Z time: On to the next one (man, I’m a dork)…


Chiefs +1.5 BROWNS – This smells like a serious sucker bet. Browns lost to Tampa. Chiefs beat the Chargers on Monday night, now heading on the road on a short week. Still, can’t bet against Patriots West until they prove me otherwise.


PACKERS -13 Bills – Not scared about laying 13. Not scared about no Ryan Grant, even though I’m pissed I drafted him in the 2nd round of my Bro Haus fantasy league. Pack in a blowout.


BENGALS +2 Ravens – Bengals didn’t even show up in Foxboro last week. Ravens on the road on a short week. Home team wins this tight division matchup.


Steelers +5 TITANS – Best defensive player in the league (not named Revis) against the most explosive offensive player in the league. I’ll take the points and Rashard Mendenhall; Big Ten love.


LIONS +6 Eagles – Calvin secures the ball with two hands this time. Lions lose another close one, assuming former Badger DeAndre Levy relatively successfully QB-spies Mike Vick.


Bears +7.5 COWBOYS – Over a touchdown? Are the Bears really that bad? Are the Cowboys really that good?


PANTHERS -3.5 Buccaneers – Bucs on the road getting less than four points? I’ll take the Panthers, with DeAngelo Williams at quarterback and Jonathan Stewart at tailback. Matt Moore can rest up for this one.


FALCONS -6.5 Cardinals – Cardinals barely escaped the Rams last week. And now they’re getting less than a touchdown in Atlanta. Roddy White goes off with 185 yards and two scores in this one.


VIKINGS -5.5 Dolphins – Lot of rest for ol’ Brett. This time they’ll let their best player touch the ball in the 2nd half. And I’m definitely not talking about No. 4.


RAIDERS -3.5 Rams – The Rams are really getting less than four on the road? Wow.


BRONCOS -3.5 Seahawks – Last week was a fluke. Let’s see of Pete Carroll can win on the road in the altitude.


TEXANS -3 Redskins – Texans score 34 points and Matt Shaub and Andre the Giant barely contribute. I’m scared to see them actually try.


CHARGERS -7 Jaguars – No way they go 0-2. Jags get jet-lagged in So Cal.


Patriots -3 JETS – Is LT really going to lead the Jets over the Pats? I’ll believe it when I see it.


Giants +5.5 COLTS – Big brother squeaks one out against lil’ bro on national TV.


49ERS +5 Saints – I took the 49ers against Arizona last year on Monday (or Sunday?) night after the Cards demolished the Vikings the week before. History always repeats itself.

No comments: